Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Hi, guys, I just wanted to say that I love you all! I am sorry not to be able to update with an inspiriting quote or some photos - I took some with some family and friends before leaving and I will try to update them from Senegal - ha ha ha! OK, so I have been in training here in Philly and there are a lot of "rules" about blogs so I had to take off my address in Thies, so save that email I sent you with the address for my first two months. Anyway, I miss you and want to say something inspiring but it is 6:45 am and I have to do my yoga practice before we go....about the only thing my dead brain can handle right now.

I am super excited. The other trainees are wonderful. Lots of people who have traveled or lived abroad, about the only room in the US where everyone has traveled outside the US. There are 39 of us. So far, I have only positive things to say, really, and am going into this with an open mind and heart. I am definitely the biggest "real" hippie in the group so far so it'll be interesting....already I have a lot of offers for yoga teaching, ha ha ha, and since I will be spending so much time with these people over the next couple of months....maybe that will come to be my true calling anyway!.....who knows, I am open to anything.

Just one thing - they told us to tell you guys not to expect to hear from us - no expectations, b/c it is going to be such a full on experience for us, especially early on. Then when you hear from us it will be a blessing for all people (I added that last part! ha ha ha). We will be in a homestay and in total immersion at the training center, too. We will be assessed on language when we get there and when they find out I have almost no French they may put me right into Wolof....ah, that is ages away, I will take it when I get there!

I am not nervous, I am going with a ton of books....all my yoga and insight books and "I'm on the path" books, whatever that means, and oh I wish I had this really great quote I found but I will post it next time....the gist is that you are already great as you are and you don't need to "be on the the path" to realize that....so don't change, I love you as you are!

Peace babes and babettes! :) (OK, not sure what the male version of "babe" is so bare with me) Namaste. Bonne Chance!

No comments: